In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CZ 75 front sight.

espo3espo3 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited February 2012 in Ask the Experts
I have an older CZ75 in 9mm. While shooting, the front sight flew off and has not been found. I see all of the newer ones are dovetailed in but mine is not. It has a small arc slot milled in the top of the slide and a small hole I assume for a pin. I cannot find one anywhere. Any help would be great. Thanks Chris

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the same thing happen on my AMT HardBaller. I measured the arc for length and debth and then drew it up in Autocad. The arc/slot was cut with a 1/2 inch diameter mill. Anyway I took a small piece of stainles steel the correct width and filed out a new front sight with a tendon to fit through the botton hole. I peaned that tendonin and cleaned it up with a dremel tool but it didn't hold for long. I then silvered soldered the sight in place. It is still there and has survived many 1000's of full tilt rounds.
  • Options
    espo3espo3 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a machinist and may have our edm dept. Wire me one and soldr it in too.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by espo3
    I am a machinist and may have our edm dept. Wire me one and soldr it in too.

As long as your a machinist, and have the knowledge and access to milling machines, with dovetail mill cutters. You might consider cutting the front of the slide for dovetail type front sights. Brownells has the dovetail front sights in stock. I had it done to a number of my slides in the past. Once their staked/pinned in place the dovetailed front sights are very durable and easily filed for changes in elevation.
  • Options
    rawhide54rawhide54 Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't machine a dovetail into that CZ if it's one of the originals with the spur hammer and baked on finish. They're becoming collectors items. I brought one back from Germany in '87. I'd wait until I found the correct front sight if it was me.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went with rufe.
    My CZ75 got a cross-dovetail front sight big enough to see and a taller rear.
  • Options
    rawhide54rawhide54 Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you contacted CZ USA for a sight? They may be able to come up with one for you. They have a first rate web page.

FWIW, those older CZ's take the smoothest trigger job of any pistol I've ever encountered.