In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

gun show

dakotahunterdakotahunter Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited February 2012 in Ask the Experts
okay i was wondering if anyone had some info on how to set up a gun show I already have a building I can rent with no problems and I know about advertiseing and getting dealers to commit to the show what I am wondering is what, where or who would a person talk to about insurance for the show ? Security will be no problem at night and during the show but what other things does a person need to look into?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably depends on where your at.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd start with your city licensing bureau. Insurance is gonna be the doozy-thats why most gun shows are held at the county fairgrounds but any of the big insurance companies can probably get you insured. Not to mention do you have adequate parking? Toilet's? Gonna have to have it inspected by the fire marshall and make sure there is adequate exits-meaning more than just the front door. If you are doing it for profit then you should look into setting up an LLC or something along those lines because if someone gets hurt there they could come after you personally. Don't forget Uncle Sugar's cut of the profits.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What ruger41 is referring to is the use classification; if it's not an "assembly" with a posted occupancy sign, you are done.

This is going to be a tough way to earn a buck. Gun show dealers I have talked to are reluctant to do a new show, as they have a big "nut" to earn to cover expenses, plus they have a big time commitment.

Neal
  • Options
    dakotahunterdakotahunter Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the reply back on this topic and all your helpfull info.