In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

browning hi-power-cz 75

deer140deer140 Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
edited February 2012 in Ask the Experts
Hello; I would like to know if a hi-power clip will fit a cz75 the 75 is a clone of the hp dose anyone know
Thank you
deer140

Comments

• llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No it isn't a clone and no they won't fit.
  • 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The grip profile of the CZ-75 is modeled after the P-35, but the magazines are completely different dimensions.
  • rawhide54rawhide54 Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even older CZ 75 magazines and newer ones aren't interchangeable. The original 15 round mags and the newer 16 round mags are different. My original CZ from the early '80's has to have the older 15 round mags and won't even lock in the newer mags.
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by deer140
    Hello; I would like to know if a hi-power clip will fit a cz75 the 75 is a clone of the hp dose anyone know
    Thank you
    deer140

Defintely NOT.

The CZ-75 is conceptually similar to the much older Hi-Power, in the sense that its a European double-stack all steel 9mm pistol with external manual safety intended for military use, but it is most definitely not a "clone" in any sense of the term.

The two guns are of totally different internal design, and NONE of the parts will interchange between the two.