In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bolt action 30 carbine

jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in Ask the Experts
Has anybody ever made such a rifle chambered for the 30 carbine cartridge?

Comments

• Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never have heard of a bolt-action.. Marlin did did make their Model 62 lever action in .30 Carbine..
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    There are some SMLE,S chambered for 30 carbine, very rare though.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd wonder if with alot of money and effort one could turn a Remington 788 (or Savage 340?0 in 30/30 to a 30 Carbine. Set back and rechamber, rethread the barrel and use a 223 or 222 Remington bolt to rework to the 30 Carbine case head size. Again, lots of money and effort.

I bought a T/C Encore 16" barrel in 30 Carbine just to see how well the case does for accuracy reloading and to be able to shoot the inexpensive factory stuff. It's fun.

Edit: Accuracy was pretty good - touch over 1" @ 100 yds using 110 grain Sierra spire points, cheap Aguila ($19.00 for 50) was about 2" or so. With a 16" bbl (made by Match Grade Machine) the thing is very compact, I usually stash the carbine barrel in a side pouch when I shoot the longer heavier stuff.
  • Options
    jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How was the accuracy? What was the length of the barrel?