In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stuck Bolt Rem 7mm

partsmanpartsman Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in Ask the Experts
Need help with a stuck bolt in a Rem 710 7mm Mag. It fired, went to extract shell and the bolt handle broke OFF. It was the first shot for a NEW rifle. Standard factory load, not to much recoil, mild noise??? I now have a gray P.O.S. HELP.

Comments

• Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Join the crowd. (MODEL 770 7MM REM MAG)

I hope yours isn't a stainless finish bolt.

I've called Remington every two weeks on fridays. One time i'll call and they think it should be ready real soon. Next time I call they say that it's on the way to the service center. So I call the service center a week later and they never got any in. A month and a half later I still have no parts.

They tried to * off last time I called, until I asked to talk to someone in charge. I told the guy on the phone that what I had to say wasn't for the person who answers the phone, not his pay grade. Then they started telling what was really going on. They make certain parts every 4-6 months. [}:)]

I told the guy that if it was going to be that long, tell me soo. Don't tell me I'll have it "soon" knowing damn good and well it was going to be the next time they got around to making those parts again(4-6ths half a year!)

At times I've been so mad at the whole Remington company that I absolutly have considered chopping the gun up into little peices and shipping it back with a, up yours note with it.

I've had mine at the "Authorized Service Center" for about 3 months now waiting on parts.

001-4.jpg

Edit:

You may be able to use a punch in the hole on the bolt tube.

Put the tip in the hole and hit the punch with the heal of your hand.

It may rotate the bolt up.

Might as well call the customer serv # and have them send you a shipping label to send it to the nearest service center. You may get it back before next hunting season...if you want it back.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    partsman,

Sorry to hear about your bad situation. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but that rifle series, 710, 715, and 770 were, and are POS, before you buy them.

Sent it back to Remington, and have them fix it...weld the handle back on, then dump it, and look for a good used 700, or a Savage.

Best
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is one of the reasons they don't make that model any longer. Send it in and get a 700.
  • Options
    partsmanpartsman Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you ALL for the advice. I have a OLD 700 Rem.30-06, The army gave me in Nam. I have some VERY nice memories of the weapon in action. Got the 7mm for son,Iraq vet. HE ain't gette'n my 700!