In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

new model blackhawk

sparkydogsparkydog Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited March 2012 in Ask the Experts
just got a 45 new model blackhawk in 45 but dont know if its 45lc or 45acp can anyone help me out all it says is 45 on gun. thanks for any info
sparky

Comments

• CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    45 Colt. They do make one with two cylinders to shoot 45 ACP and 45 Colt but in all probability, if its a brand new gun, its 45 Colt. If it were 45ACP, the 45 Colt round would not even come close to fitting in the chamber.
  • sparkydogsparkydog Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    mine has 2 cylinders and its not new I inherited it from father in law 45 colt fits both cylinders thanks for the info greatly appreciated
    sparky
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yours has two cylinder's....OK. One should be marked 45 ACP, and the other may be not marked at all, but it is a 45 Colt. Stop by a competant gunshop, and have them show you how to change the cylinder's. It's pretty simple.

Best
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sparkydog
    mine has 2 cylinders and its not new I inherited it from father in law 45 colt fits both cylinders thanks for the info greatly appreciated
    sparky

If .45 Colt fits in both cylinders, they are both .45 Colt.

I have the same Ruger convertible .45. Remove both cylinders from the gun. Look into the rear of the chambers. The ACP cylinder will have visible shoulders inside, very easy to identify.

[img][/img]Joespictures008.jpg