In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Para Ordinance 45

asopasop Member Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in Ask the Experts
My son bought a P-10 for $600 from a guy at work. Said the guy needed money. Good deal or was he just in the Xmas spirit?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Easiest way to find out. Is to check the actual selling price(s),on our auction. You should have told him that, before he sprung the $600.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of condition? Any extras such as magazines, ammo, holster, box and paperwork? Seems a mute point, the value that day was established at $600.

added
    45 items under para ordinance in completed auctions and nothing sold. Only a few were forearms and asking price was over the $600 for NIB. If he was generous perhaps it wasn't by much considering the paperwork.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Supposedly it's new in box never fired and has 2 mags. I did attempt a search but to no avail. Not a whole lot listed for P-10's. Said the guy bought it in 1998. Thanks
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sold one a year ago for $500. Box, papers, extra mag. extra grips.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asop
    My son bought a P-10 for $600 from a guy at work. Said the guy needed money. Good deal or was he just in the Xmas spirit?

For a NIB gun with extra mag, that's probably a perfectly fair price for a P10/"Warthog". He didn't get "screwed", but he also didn't get a "great" price.

$500 is probably closer to fair market value for a used gun (which this will be, if your son shoots it). Though, if you're talking about buying one on the auction site, once you throw in transfer and shipping costs, you're pretty close to the $600.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.