In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping once fired brass

BillSoTxBillSoTx Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
edited December 2014 in Ask the Experts
I saw the post (in 2013) on shipping brass (only), US postal service. Is that 2013 post still the current procedure? I asking about once fired, unprimed brass only. Years ago I was told the PO required that the box was to be labeled "scrap brass", does that labeling still apply today? The suggestions in the 2013 post were to ship in a flat rate box, is that still best mode? Thanks in advance for replies. ~Bill

Comments

• Options
    golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there are no restriction shipping unprimed brass, fired or virgin. flat rate usually cheapest but not always, you have to quote weight & distance, sometimes regular priority works out cheaper too.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The post office can't ask you what is in the box, only if it is dangerous, liquid, fragile or hazardous. Brass is none of them, so just say NO.

If you are going to ship a full heavy 30# plus box it is best to pack it with extra tape on the seams inside and outside the box. I also tape the corners where tears can let brass fall out.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I suggest bagging the cases into groups of 20 or 50. This not only keeps the box from rattling like a maraca, but if a hole does develop in the box, chances are an entire bag won't fall out, but individual case might.
  • Options
    BillSoTxBillSoTx Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a two hundred pieces, 7BRs, so not very heavy. I appreciate it, many thanks.