In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Perry Shooter, Box Magazine

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,523 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in Ask the Experts
The box magazine in the photo on the 1903 thread is an Air Service Magazine (20 Rounds + 5 = 25 Total Rounds capacity) mounted on a period 1903 rifle.

The rifle is a Springfield 1903 manufactured in 1918, which is as close as I could get to an Air Service rifle.

Have fire the rifle with 20 rounds (five in the internal magazine and 15 in the extension) and it functions flawlessly.
Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    wow I never knew such an item existed I knew about the Hoffer Thomson 22LR adapter as well as Peterson device but not about what you have.Thanks this is another reason I love the ATE forum
    EDIT Yes Cheechako I knew I had misspelled PEDERSON And sort of like Clips/or Magazines I owned a Hofer Thomson at one time and do know how they were configured before the m22 were designed those cartridge addaptors for the H.T. were the pits. I have some t 1911 conversion units that also have 22LR inserts.
  • Options
    CheechakoCheechako Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A little nit-pick. The Hoffer-Thompson was not an adaptor but was a cartridge holder. It held a 22 cal RF and was fired in a Model 1903 Cal .22 Gallery Rifle.

And, it's Pedersen, not Peterson.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,523 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    wow I never knew such an item existed I knew about the Hoffer Thomson 22LR adapter as well as Peterson device but not about what you have.Thanks this is another reason I love the ATE forum
    EDIT Yes Cheechako I knew I had misspelled PEDERSON And sort of like Clips/or Magazines I owned a Hofer Thomson at one time and do know how they were configured before the m22 were designed those cartridge addaptors for the H.T. were the pits. I have some t 1911 conversion units that also have 22LR inserts.

Local Cabelas had a 1903 MK 1 with the Pedersen cut out for sale, asking $ 1,600.00 because of the cut-out.

The rifle was in excellent original condition. I told the librarian I would be interested at $750.00, and was walking out the door with it 20 minutes later.

I always felt good about saving a novice from over-paying for a fairly common rifle.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele