In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning recoil pad help.

bandcollectorbandcollector Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in Ask the Experts
I have a browning bar chambered for 300 win mag from the late seventies and I am having a very hard time locating a recoil pad that is a direct fit. I ordered one from browning that was supposed to be a perfect fit and it wasn't even close.
Can you guys steer me in the right direction.

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any full service shop should be able to set you up with a Limb Saver, or Decelerator pad, that fits perfectly for around $75.00, They will grind it to fit, and it will look like it was made with the gun.

Best

EDIT 1
    quote:recoil pads are placed on the stock by the manufacturers before the stocks are shaped and sanded, there will be no perfect fit.

As I stated above...ANY full service, such as The Custom Shop, should be able to grind to fit a pad that is as good or better than factory fit. It is a basic skill of the trade.
  • Options
    custom shopcustom shop Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    recoil pads are placed on the stock by the manufacturers before the stocks are shaped and sanded, there will be no perfect fit.