In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glenfield 30 / Marlin 336 finger lever

338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in Ask the Experts
I have a Glenfield 30 which all the references I have say it is the same as the Marlin 336 anyway my problem is the finger lever won't stay up by itself most of the time. When it does stay up and locked a slight bump and it falls down. Is the finger lever plunger what holds it up as mine kind of looks a little flat on the bevel and looking at a new one on our host GunBroker it is quite sharp on the beveled edge. Any info is appreciated.
Terrill

Comments

• Options
    custom shopcustom shop Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your rifle should be equipped with a finger lever plunger and a finger lever plunger spring, held in by a retaining pin, try disassembling and cleaning it out, may need new spring, new plunger, plunger extended. give it .a try
  • Options
    317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would take it out and clean the plunger, spring, and hole on the lever first. Sometimes people will shorten the plunger, rework the beveled face or shorten the spring in order to help achieve a faster, smoother lever cycle. I polished the bevel on my Guide Gun and found with the heavy "magnum" type loads such as Corbon 405 grain solids and their 460 grain WFNGC, that the lever would pop open quite easily during firing. You may check with Brownells for a new plunger and perhaps an increased power level spring.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All info is appreciated and will try all suggestions. Hope all on the forum had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and will have a Happy New Year.
    Terrill
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 338magnut
    I have a Glenfield 30 which all the references I have say it is the same as the Marlin 336 anyway my problem is the finger lever won't stay up by itself most of the time. When it does stay up and locked a slight bump and it falls down. Is the finger lever plunger what holds it up as mine kind of looks a little flat on the bevel and looking at a new one on our host GunBroker it is quite sharp on the beveled edge. Any info is appreciated.
    Terrill

I have the same rifle ...

002-5.jpg

Hope you get if fixed soon to enjoy. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I went ahead and purchased a new plunger and spring off of our host GunBroker and now just waiting for their arrival again thanks to all for the info.
    Terrill