In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.22 cylinders

270elkman270elkman Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited December 2014 in Ask the Experts
In search of a 22 LR cylinder for a S&W W mod 53 and a 22 LR cylinder for a Colt Frontier new magnum Buntline

Comments

• 270elkman270elkman Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 270elkman
    In search of a 22 LR cylinder for a S&W mod 53 and a 22 LR cylinder for a Colt Frontier new magnum Buntline
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Toad67 posted the Colt cylinder you need. Always check the auction side first.

Also, you should post your needs in our "Want Ads" Forum: http://forums.GunBroker.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=7
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 53 took a special order .22 LR cylinder. Not interchangeable with other "K" frame, rimfire cylinders. According to SCSW.
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the correct 22 LR cylinder for a 53 is the one 22 RFM but chambered for the LR. I have a K-22 cylinder and crane I bought for $10 for my Jet. It is about a nickel thickness short. I made and soft soldered a face plate for it. It worked for a while. Silver solder would be better. I have the piloted end mill to bore into the front of each chamber in the cylinder. I have made the insets to silver solder into the 3/8 OD by 1/4 deep holes. I also have the decimal drill bit to finish boring the holes. The other thought is to make a shoe for the back of the barrel. I like the idea of just swapping the cylinder and crane.

I got really sick for a while and lost interest in the project, then 22 LR became hard to find so I just shoot cast bullets in the Jet. Using the factory inserts works of if a little slower using a fingernail to pull the LR spent case leaving the insert in the cylinder. I should drag out the parts and finish it up now that RF are on the shelves sometimes.