In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Unknown ?

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in Ask the Experts
Ever seen one of these? Very old and worn..only number is 868 on side plateuntitledgun_zps0c2f48f9.png

Comments

• Options
    rusty3040rusty3040 Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    appears to be a british bulldog of sorts
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like a Russian 1895 Nagant gas seal. Does the cylinder move forward when the hammer is in the "fired" position?

Neal
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The trigger guard and cylinder pin arrangement says Belgium to me.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I have one very similar to that and it is Belgian. Kind of copies some ideas from the Nagant, Bullldog, and Trantner patents. Look carefully for an ELG and crown proof.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I vote Belgium knockoff.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by navc130
    The trigger guard and cylinder pin arrangement says Belgium to me.
    This ^^^^^, I had one years ago [;)], or something very similar.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The original was the Royal Irish Constabulary revolver. The Belgians made tons of copies, usually in caliber .320 European (aka .32 Short Colt)

A couple of the features include an unusual ejector- pull the rod out of the cylinder pin, swing it to the side, then push the rod back to push out fired cases. The "scalloped" cylinder- scallop closed at both ends- is typical Belgian.

Take a REAL close look, use a magnifier, bet you will find an ELG in an oval mark- proofmark from Liege Belgium. I have one of these in the back of the safe.
  • Options
    machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    Looks like a Veranessaneckakokokoff Model 3 Type VI Mark 2 1/2 style C Version 4 with the modified #12 Morse taper on the ejector rod.

Well actually, I heard something like that at a flea market, once, from a guy who was also selling clothespins and used meat grinders.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    IN gunsmithIN gunsmith Member Posts: 191
    edited November -1
    can you get picture of the other side and is it a .44 cal