In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

pocket holsters ?

glockmattglockmatt Member Posts: 129 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
I need advice. I like the ease of a pocket holster for my S&W 340PD but the Galco pocket holster is rather bulkly and prints the cylinder rather obviously. I can spend a fair amount if necessary. I've heard Desantis nemesis, Fist, and K&D make good ones. I'd rather get the facts before I buy.
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    Check out this person. While I haven't used them personally, I do know a few people that do, and swear by them. http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/order.html
  • Options
    JAK71454JAK71454 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought an Uncle Mike's inside the pocket holster for my Seecamp and it work great. It is very thin and helps to reduce the gun "print" in your pocket. It also has a strip of different material that sticks to the insdie of your pants pocket and keeps the holster in your pocket when you draw.
  • Options
    vepr762vepr762 Member Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Uncle Mike's works great. It looks like you have a wallet in your pocket.
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    Kramer makes a good pocket holster for that neat little S&W. You might consider a leather pocket holster that has the flat piece of leather sewed to the front of the holster. It prints like a bulky wallet in your front pocket.

My experience with the Uncle Mikes is my S&W model 38 bodyguard turns in my pocket. The material is not strong enough to hold them heaver revolvers upright.

Now for the seecamp and Kel-Teks the Uncle Mikes is the Cats Meow! Works fantastic. The Galco works good with those two brands also but is a bit more bulky.
  • Options
    ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    I use a DeSantis to carry my Seecamp in my front pocket and it works well. Could hold a little tighter. I wouldn't want to do a hand stand for fear of dropping it. I'm not sure how a cylinder would be masked by a Nemisis though. The Seecamp is flat, and depending on what pants I'm wearing is "invisible" or looks like a wallet.

I carry a K&D, but it is a belt holster, so I can only vouch for the quality and fit, which are excellent.
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    The positive thing about the high quality, and expensive, leather pocket holsters is the guns do not fall out. Tight fit and they are held upright so they are easy to pull and the holster will not come out with the gun. But they are bulkier and print more, especially for smaller size folks. Big dudes can hide larger firearms easily in their big ole baggy drawers!
  • Options
    glockmattglockmatt Member Posts: 129 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the replies. It looks like leather is the way to go. The leather patch insert of the Kramer will hopefully reduce the printing.