In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thread adapter for silencer on my CZ-452?

Cpt. HaddockCpt. Haddock Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
So I decided to buy a silencer for my CZ 452-2E ZKM .22LR rifle today. I called the local store and asked if they had silencers that fit the CZ-452 and yeah sure they had for my rifle. So after work I drove into town and bought one. As I was looking at it I asked the clerk that this can't fit my rifle, I have no threads to screw this onto. Then he asked if I had a left handed version and I said no it's a normal one.

So he took out one of his stores 452's and showed me a rifle identical to mine and there was a "cap" you could screw off and there where the grooves and all the CZ 452's except the left handed versions had these. I was amazed I hadn't noticed that before, albeit I had never bothered to look. So I took the silencer and a box of sub sonic ammo and went home.

Well it turns out I am not as slobby as I thought when it came to my memory. My CZ-452 doesn't have a cap to screw off. No. Threads. And it's not a LH either.

My question is now, can I buy an adapter for my rifle that I can put on myself? I mean otherwise the only option is to take it to a gunsmith and that'd just cost way too much money. Might as well just bring the silencer back to the store.

Comments

• Options
    JesseLeeJesseLee Member Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What are the laws concerning silencers in Finland? Time frame of buying? any laws concerning them. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Aren't any laws concering silencers in Finland. You can buy silencers like you'd buy a bottle of soda over here.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As with most guns made outside the US, your CZ-452 is a slightly different model than the one sold here. So, we are just guessing without a photo of your rifle.

While there are some suppressors that are held in place by a detent that locks over the front sight, it is unlikely that one is made for your rifle. However, welding an adaptor to the muzzle of your rifle is probably an easy solution, but it must be done by a gunsmith; he has the tools & knowledge to be able to align the adaptor perfectly with the bore of your rifle. It shouldn't cost much.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is what my barrel looks like, the only way it differs from what you see on CZUB's website is that mine lacks the front sight cover.

pipe5vu.jpg

I'll guess I have to call the shop tomorrow and ask them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well some good news. Only 15-20 euros to thread the barrel according to their estimate. I could use some good news now after my cylinder gasket blew and leaked coolant into the oil and has done god knows what to the bearings then, cylinder top might be cracked too(this is about my car, not some highly advanced weapon :p).
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How much does a sound suppressor or silencer cost in Finland?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That one cost me 40 euros. Thats maybe 50-55 dollars.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, I'm so jealous...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Considering we have to apply for a permit for every single firearm we want, are forced to buy "goverment approved" gunlockers if we have more than 5 firearms and the price of firearms in general is about 2x that of the USA I think it's more than a fair trade off :)
  • Options
    jack85jack85 Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cpt. Haddock:

My comment is not going to be on the subject, although, I hope that you're going to resolve the issue of attaching silencer to your CZ without any extraordinary expenses.
    I just want to say.I've been learning and reading up on the subject of "Winter War" and your country's extraordinary and successful fight against overwhelming force and spread of Bolshevism into Scandinavia. This was and still is truly remarkable achievement! In fact, not only stopping the aggression but also taking back Karelia from the Soviets was essentially "superhuman" triumph! What a predicament that was! Fear of Allied reprisals if in fact Finland went from defensive to easily attainable offensive military actions, essentially, cutting off Leningrad and "Land lease" re-supplying route for the Soviets. I was wondering maybe you know if US Government ever did make an apology to your people for supporting an aggression against Finland by giving military equipment to the Red Army which was used not only to fight Germans but also Finland? Best to you and your countryman.