In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Purchase Opinion

11thcanopy11thcanopy Member Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have an opportunity to purchase four NIB Browning Mod 65, 218 Bee with consecutive numbers.

The firm price is $3600.

I really have no interest in the rifles. Would only purchase them for resale.

Really wonder if I could make any money on the deal.

Would appreciate your comments.

Thanks, 11thcanopy

Comments

• p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    That is a decision only you can make.
    Personally, I never buy things for resale that I don't have at least a passing interest in. It softens the blow if no one buys it.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me tell you the secret of making money: "Buy low. Sell high."

The asking price is pretty close to the real market value of these rifles, if sold individually. However, few modern guns bring any premium for consecutive numbers. And, 218 Bee is a relatively obscure caliber, limiting the saleability in the future.

I don't know, but it seems to me like the only one who will make any money off these guns is the guy trying to get $3,600 for them.

Neal
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who do you know that would give $1080.00 each for these guns?? No body?? Better pass.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    11thcanopy,

If you're buying them for an investment I would say no. If you're buying them for You, you may come out on top somewhere down the road. But, not as much as if you stuck your money in a marketing plan designed to make money. I like the .218 Bee and would have a lot of fun with it. But, as pointed out spending a grand on a 'shooter' is a little hard to justify. -good luck
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    "Who do you know that would give $1080.00 each"... $3,600.00/4=$900 ea. still near the top end of value. but the way limited rum guns are going up and if you have $3,600 not doing anything....
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tend to agree with the ever sage Mike Whiskey (you would think he would smell like whiskey and not sage, but what do I know?) If you have the $3.6K hanging around doing not to much, and are not in a great hurry to turn the rifles over, it may well be worth doing, and they are probably most likely to sell individually. If you are looking for a quick turn around on the family savings, then pass. You are looking to buy at retail and sell for a profit, not auspicious for quick profit.
  • 11thcanopy11thcanopy Member Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone for your comments.

Believe I will pass on the deal.

Once again, thanks...

11thcanopy
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are 65's the high grade or the standard model? If they are the high grade, I feel it would be a pretty good price if you have the cash available. If they are the standard model, it may take some more time to realize a decent profit. Either way, the 65's are REAL nice guns!
    Just my opinion...........Ed
  • faithfulprofaithfulpro Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How do I find a morket for my walther p38?