In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FIXED 5 POWER OR FIXED 6 POWER

REDREDBONEREDREDBONE Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
WHILE I AM WAITING FOR AN ANSWER ON MY 338/35 WHELEN QUESTION, HERE IS ANOTHER. MY DAD USED TO TOTE AROUND A BROWNING .348 LEVER ACTION. THAT GUN HAD THE SWEETEST NEATEST CRYSTAL CLEAREST SCOPE IN THE WORLD! (AT LEAST I THOUGHT SO). ANYWAYS, IT WAS EITHER A FIXED 5 OR FIXED 6 POWER SCOPE AND I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE SINCE. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF SUCH A SCOPE? A FIXED 5 OR 6 POWER? I TRULY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT BRAND IT WAS.........DOES ANYONE MAKE A FIXED 5 OR 6 NOW-A-DAYS AND WHOM MIGHT THEY BE?
(NO, THE 348 BROWNING IS SADLY LONG GONE)
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME AND INPUT.
RED IN N.H.

Comments

• Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Weaver made them and Bushnell
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Leupold also made a few different 6x scopes.
  • Options
    rediceredice Member Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Midway carries a few brands may be a place to start looking http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?TabID=10&Categoryid=15277&categorystring=657***700***11392***11396***15272***

they also make 10x+ power however your going to need a pocket book much bigger than mine.

I also really like the fixed power scopes I have a x2 that im not sure about and 2 4x's that I absolutely love, one is on my 20 gauge and the other is on my .22
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have three fixed power scopes mounted on hunting rifles...A 6x Burris on a titanium Remington, in 7-08, An 8x Swarovski on a Ruger 77 tang, in .300 w/m, and a 6x Nichols (midway, years ago) on a Ruger 77 light weight tang, in 7-08.. The all seem to be clearer, and sharper than the variable power scopes I've tried.. I like them...
  • Options
    reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm pretty much a believer in fixed power scopes but its hard to guess what you used to have
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A lot of manufacturers have made them over the years, and still do today, so it will not be as simple as saying, "Ah, only Weaver ever made one like that." IOR Valdada makes a fine one, but Burris and leupold also do. Those and Nikon would be my top picks.
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Weaver, Nikon, Leupold and Burris (among others ) all still make fixed 6x scopes.
    Burris makes a 6x50mm for Hunter Benchrest use that is exceptionally bright and clear.
    Leupold makes fixed 6x in some different size objectives. They are great scopes and rock solid for durability.
  • Options
    Dave45-70Dave45-70 Member Posts: 637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redredbone, I recently picked up a Weaver K-6 scope(6x) at gun show for 50 bucks and i could'nt be happier with this old workhorse. They (fixed 6 power)are still made by several manufactures but an older Weaver could save you a few dollars. Dave