In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H&R Mod. 65 22 rifle parts...

tawd77tawd77 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
Im wondering where I can get a few parts for my H&R 22.

I need a magazine. will a magazine from any other gun work in this gun?

I need an extractor. Will a ruger type extractor fit in this gun?

I need a rear sight. Someone has added a scope, and removed the rear sight.

Anyone know if this is a valueable gun? Overall its in pretty good shape. Let me know, Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    You can get the magazine here:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=195760G&MC=

Don't know about the extractor and don't know what type of rear sight it had, but while you are at that site, click on other models of H&R until you see a sight that looks like it's the same as yours was. They don't list a whole lot of parts for the Model 65 so you might have to match them (if possible) from other models.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone have any info on the extractor? Thanks!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is a picture of the rear sight i need. Anyone got one? Thanks

15022443058.jpg
  • Options
    jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    That looks like a Redfield 70 peep sight to me, and looking on Numrichs site, H&R apparently did use a redfield 70 peep on a couple of their models. I found one on fleabay (first listing under "redfield 70") but the seller says it fits Mossbergs. I don't know enough about these sights to say whether or not the mounting holes are the same on your gun or not. Maybe someone here with more experience with this type sight can tell you.

Ben