In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

HSC Old Double Barrell Shotgun Pt II

Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
Capt Kirk,

The primary clue to the identity of that old scattergun lies in the rooster that is stamped on it... that piece of information was the dead giveaway that it is a Crescent built gun for HS&B. That is also the reason that several of us stated that we "believe" that it is marked "HS&B".

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Given the rooster and the HS&? I think a belgian knock off is the less likely alternative.
  • captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Bert: I did'nt feel that to be the case, that the opportunity was'nt given to the Member to make any correction was taken away...also the fact that the Chicken or Fowl was also used by the Belguim maker Mre. Liegeoise d'arms a Feu of Liege, Belguim. The use of a Chicken...."The Cockerill" is what it was called......Could have been what He possibly has...I found it hard to accept that a member's discription of the Maker and the Marks was disregarded and told that his discription was wrong...I felt that He was being belittled and chastised...and not given the chance to correct His error if there was one on His Part...
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by captkirk3@dslextreme.com
    Bert: I did'nt feel that to be the case, that the opportunity was'nt given to the Member to make any correction was taken away...also the fact that the Chicken or Fowl was also used by the Belguim maker Mre. Liegeoise d'arms a Feu of Liege, Belguim. The use of a Chicken...."The Cockerill" is what it was called......Could have been what He possibly has...I found it hard to accept that a member's discription of the Maker and the Marks was disregarded and told that his discription was wrong...I felt that He was being belittled and chastised...and not given the chance to correct His error if there was one on His Part...

Well, it certainly was not my intent to belittle or chastise anyone, and in reviewing my reply to the owner of that gun, I simply stated "I believe that it is actually H.S.&"B"... Rufe-Snow posted almost the exact same thing word for word. I fail to see where we were being rude or out of line with him, or that we did not allow him the opportunity to add additional information. I was very much hoping that he would do exactly as you asked (take the barrels off and tell us what he found marked on the bottom of the barrels and on the water table).