In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.380 Shotshell???

Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
edited June 2006 in Ask the Experts
Is there such a thing as a .380ACP shotshell?

It's made in the 9mm Luger caliber by CCI but not the baby "short" 9mm.

I realize that it may not fully cycle the pistol, possibly stovepipe and require a manual tap-rack-bang. The pistol is a straight blowback design.

Is it possible to have this size shotshell round custom loaded or is altogether not a safe round to chamber and fire?

Much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi,

I have never seen a .380 shotshell, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one manufactured at one time. I know of no current manufacter of .380 shotshells. Maybe someone else will.

Yes, you can have probably pay to have one of the custom reloaders make a .380 shotshell for you. A custom reloader can be found in advertisements of some of the shooting magazines and on a "Google" search. It can probably be designed and made to function like a .45 ACP shotshell.

Regards,

Heavyrion
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In 47 years I have never seen one , But , some-one may have made one ?
    We sell the 9mm hotshells in our shop ? they only work with fair results at best .
    Thanks & Good Luck !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies and info. Much appreciated.