In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

winchester xtr 1500

mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
edited June 2006 in Ask the Experts
here are again, ok, been looking around at a few nice semi-auto 12g, felt them all,russian,italian,etc etc, like the feel of the baretta 303 & winchester xtr1500, infact love that winchester,nice action & been proofed at 3" choke at london gunsmiths.a real piece of kit..some burk varnished the wood,i can restore that, ive checked the bore & it only .0002" wear..The million pound/dollar question..
are they any good ?? thanks guys.

Comments

• Options
    glynglyn Member Posts: 5,949
    edited November -1
    I would go with the Berreta mond,while Winchester are great guns they are going out of business if not gone out of business.Their arms are going to made in other countries now,so if something goes wrong you might not be able to buy parts for it.
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the browning gold, which is really the same thing, like it alot. really smooth, fast, and soft shooting. to flossy for me, but i got it cheap, which is like me!
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    its a utility grade gun. the kind that will work and you dont have to be afraid to bang it around in the back of your pick-em-up.[:)]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    berretta 303 is 23/4" choke $657.00, clean & sweet 90%.. winchester 3" choke $580.00 gorgeous 95% .., also a berretta 291 3", $730.00 90%..aaaaaarrrrrrr!! which one would you??

[?][?]
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the 303.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    after a blacked shoulder tryin 'em all out (11)...berretta,benelli,remmington,& crappy eastern stuff (125 rounds last nite)& wow what fun...he he he[:D], pigeons & decoys. [:D][:D]i opted for the berretta 303,70mm shells, 36-42g, well abalanced, butt perfect fit..nice action, with 4 chokes..a gem..cheers TO ALL for the tips ,my post was bustin'..just need a few days off now to chill [}:)]& THEN PARTY TIME...!!