In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

sovereign old italian? rifle

mark_amburgeymark_amburgey Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
i have a 22lr with clip says sovereign with crown over the s MAR-made in Italy-Mod.sm64 Cal.22lr could anyone tell me about this gun is it rare is it maybe worth something it has a bolt in the middle you can turn and it comes apart makes it easy to clean neat gun but im not finding much if any info on it thank you mark

Comments

• mark_amburgeymark_amburgey Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Questions regarding these rifles have come up in the past. There is little information available regarding them. None of the references I've checked mention them.If they were sold commercially in the U.S.? It must have been in very small quantities.

If there are Italian proof marks on the rifle? There will be a date in code, of either Roman Numerals or letters of the alphabet.

From the construction of the die cast? aluminum receiver shown in the photos, it doesn't appear to have been a high dollar item.
  • mark_amburgeymark_amburgey Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    numbers are 039311 the barel says warning read instruction manual before useing gun manual available from excam, hialeah, fl 33013
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark_amburgey
    numbers are 039311 the barel says warning read instruction manual before useing gun manual available from excam, hialeah, fl 33013

Those numbers aren't the Italian proof marks. There little stars or shields with the letters PSP.

Excam was a U.S. firearms importer/distributor that was in business during the 1980's. They must have imported very few of the Sovereign rifles, as there not listed in the B B or other references.
  • treedawgtreedawg Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just purchased a Sovereign 22 in my shop.

It's a good looking little gun, but I imagine it was a cheap gun when new.

I also failed to locate any print or online info regarding the rifle.

I tried to upload a pic here but it failed.

If you want to see the gun, click on the link below.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/513546.jpg

TD