In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Opinions on EAA Witness 10mm

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
I've become interested in the 10mm lately. Yeah, I know it isn't popular - well neither am I! There are a lot of Glocks on GB but I have concerns about the plastic with the 10. Do any of you guys have an EAA? How do you like it? I know it's not a top rated piece but not priced as one either. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks guys,
It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I have a EAA Witness Sport 9mm that was my match gun for a while. It has about 10-12,000 rounds through it, and still is about as tight as I first got it. It is one of their older custom shop guns, but everyone I have looked at is about as good. You don't hear many complaints about EAA guns.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one in 10mm and 45. I LIKE THEM BOTH. No problems with either....imo..nambu
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are very reliable pig and deer killing machines.
    Bargains.

CP
  • Options
    blacarrowblacarrow Member Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one in 10mm and think it is a great buy.

Long ago, I stopped believing everything I read was gospel, and started judging things on their own merit.

I'd not think twice about carrying the witness for self protection. and in fact, have.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    The Glocks work well with some work. I just up spring them to prevent premature unlocking, and put fully supported match barrel on it.

The only real issues I have heard or seen was when using full out 10mm loads, you can break slidestops.

I have one in 9mm, love it.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    EAA makes one of the best bargains for the money. I have had a couple of 9mm's and one 45 and have always been very happy with them. At some point I want to get one of the EAA Witness Hunters in 10mm they have a 6" barrel. You won't be disappointed.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The EAA's are supposed to be real good from anything I have read. Don't loose any sleep over the Glocks...they are awesome pistols in 10MM. The Winchester 175 Silvertip is all I shoot, and I have had no problems.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Good clone of the CZ97b design. Best part is that once you've got your 10mm, you can get conversion kits from the factory to go to 9mm, 40s&w, 45acp, or 22lr.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun is very strong, and highly reliable. I have no use for a 10mm, but if I did, personally, I'd pick this one over the Glock. Why go plastic when you can get a nice steel gun that can go either DA or cocked and locked?

Only drawback to the Witness 10mm is that the stock spring is a little weak, and the gun can toss your empties about 20 feet. . .not good for 10mm reloaders! Swapping out the spring for a heavier one can help this.

On the other hand, as already mentioned, caliber conversion is very easy with this gun, and you can get your choice of uppers in: 9mm luger, 40SW, .45ACP, 10mm, .38 Super (which I've heard will also run 9x23 fine with absolutely no modifications), and .22LR.

Lastly, if you are looking at these guns, I'd strongly consider the "Wonder" finish. This is EAA's version of the carbo-nitriding finish that Glock calls "Tenifer" (Smith calls theirs "melonite", and Sig calls its version "Nitron"). The difference with EAAs finish is that the others blacken the finish too, but EAA leaves it metal-colored.
  • Options
    moreammoplzmoreammoplz Member Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't own any of there guns, but their booth at the NRA show was Exciting. [:D]

EAA051608_16001.jpg
  • Options
    jdbennightjdbennight Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the 45, and am happy with it. I have seen many concerns on it when looking over the net, but I don't think this applies to the later models. I can say that I do have to make sure the rounds are not loose in the magazine before loading (just whack the magazine in my hand one good time to make the rounds settle).
    doug
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    I have killed atleast 10 deer in my youth with an opened sighted .22lr, you would be well served with a 10mm, with a good pistol coupled with good sights, or the carbine conversion avalible for the glock or 1911.