In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savage 99 DL .308 correct scope rings?

IschiaIschia Member Posts: 215 ✭✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
Found an NOS leupold one piece steel base for my rifle to replace a pair of Weaver aluminum ones. What rings would be best? Low, Med or High? Leupold or another manufature. I'm somewhat confused.

Thanks,

SW

Comments

• Options
    JuggernautJuggernaut Member Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its all relative to what you want, one option depending on the base you might consider Weaver See Through Scope Rings which allow the shooter to either use the iron sights or the scope although they do sit a bit high however.
    Or if you could find them, Stith Mounts, which are normally expensive, will fit on the tang and rear dovetail and are unique to these types of rifles and normally utilize a Weaver scope
  • Options
    deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    if your base is the standard dovetail front and windage adjustable rear,any leupold,redfield or millet rings would fit,as for low medium or high rings,it would depend on the objective lense size of your scope to determine which one to purchase,good luck with your endeavor
  • Options
    jarjar Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    juggernaut is right. I shoot a 99F in 308 with the loupold mount and had to us the med rings to set up a 3x9x40. so it depends on the scope lenses.