In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taurus 3" chamber question???

pwrslavepwrslave Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
I just bought a 3" magnum Judge. Does anyone know if the 3" model can shoot +p 45 colt rounds?? I know it can shoot them but does the manufacturer think its safe?

Comments

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been kinda looking at these myself. Talked to a rather knowlegeable guy at a recent gun show. He was telling me to stick with the std. chambered as Taurus was having some problems with the mag version ???? Don't know but maybe someone here can enlighten us both.
  • Options
    32 Magnum32 Magnum Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own 3 Taurus revolvers, all Titanium versions. The owner's manual will state under ammo selection whether the piece is capable of handling +P ammo or not. If it does not mention +P, it is not recommended. Read the manual for further information.
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 32 Magnum
    The owner's manual will state under ammo selection whether the piece is capable of handling +P ammo or not. If it does not mention +P, it is not recommended. Read the manual for further information.

+1000 Or call them and ask.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Where have you found 45 Colt +P ammo? I just searched a bunch of sites looking for it and think maybe you confused 45 Colt with 45ACP.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunnut505
    Where have you found 45 Colt +P ammo? I just searched a bunch of sites looking for it and think maybe you confused 45 Colt with 45ACP.

There is a outfit named Buffalo Bore that makes +P 45 Long Colt Ammo, Midway sells it.