In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NOT PEPPERMINT OIL - MY ERROR

Shansei45Shansei45 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
I need to correct what I said in my previous "Removing Dovetail" thread, but that thread has been locked.

I incorrectly said I used PEPPERMINT OIL for loosenting rust. The final poster reminded me it was WINTERGREEN OIL, which I purchased at one of our local Health Food stores.

Sorry 'bout that! That's the penalty of relying on an aging and failing memory.

Best regards ~ ~ ~ Shansei45

Comments

• Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Thanks for clearin' that up for us!!

BW(who's never heard of wintergreen oil either.)
  • Options
    cattle buyercattle buyer Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LMAO! To think I put peppermint oil on my Wally World list,wintergreen? Keep teaching us old dogs new tricks...very best[:)]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,610 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BOBBYWINS
    Thanks for clearin' that up for us!!

BW(who's never heard of wintergreen oil either.)
    Wintergreen is a berry I think that grows in MN/WI reigon??
  • Options
    Shansei45Shansei45 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just checked on winterberry. Turns out its a bush/tree grows up to 10' tall. List of states it's native to is lengthy but the list doesn't include MN or WI. Lots of others though. I guess the oil is extracted from the leaves, not berries.

By the way, MT357, I ran across that website which has those time and temp gadgets but have lost it. Can you give me the URL or name so I can find it again. I think that's a neat addition to postings, email, etc.. Thanks in advance. [:)]

Best regards ~ ~ ~ Shansei45
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,610 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Shansei, check your mail.
  • Options
    j3081j3081 Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mt357,,,i to think these things are cool,,,it's nice to read a reply or new thread with these in them,,,can you please list the url so we can all get one,,,thanks[:)][:)][:)]
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But ... You can (as I do ) use Pepermint oil on your feet , it cures and prevents athletes feet and gives the 'stinky foot' a pleasant smell !!!!!!
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns ...a.k.a......SKEEZIX
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Athens , Tn

allamericangunshop.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Oil of wintergreen. AKA methyl salycilate. Available in pharmacies over the counter. Usually comes in bottles from two to six ounces. I pour a few drops into the drains to "sweeten them up".

If that's the stuff you're refering to, it's as near as your corner drug-store. Hope I helped. Joe