In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AH Fox Help

mvrincmvrinc Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
I am trying to determine the value of a AH Fox 20 gauge shotgun for the estate of a friend. The gun is in a fitted leather case marke Abercrombie & Fitch and is in very good condition. The serial number is 260459. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php/photo/577306/ppuser/556615566155661P1010346.JPG

P1010347.JPG

P1010350.JPG

P1010351.JPG

That should fix it.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW[:0][:0][:0] SWEET BIG $$$ Please post if you sell on this site. Condition is everything and this one looks close to factory New. Thanks for the pictures .IMHO if you start this at $1.00 no reserve you will have large numbers of Fox fans and collectors bidding. IT WILL reach a price of over $1000.00 very quickly and it WILL get many more bidders then if you list it with a reserve. MANY of us don't even look at reserve auctions because some DREAMERS/SELLERS list an item for years trying to get someone to bite at an item overpriced.
  • Options
    mvrincmvrinc Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your input, I do intend to sell this and given the excellent response I had over the summer for the ammo I sold, I will list on Gunbroker. I just need to get some information as to approximate value so I can pass on to the person handling the estate sale.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:(!] I've lost my reference to high grade doubles!
    The serial # falls into the Sterlingworth 20ga production. The engraving tells me A-F grade. They were made in limited numbers from 1905 to 1930 when Savage took over. Sorry, I just don't know enough about them.
    I do know it's in excellent shape, and if it were mine, I would have a professional appraisal done.
    And I wouldn't let Perry Shooter drool all over it either.[:D]