In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Unusual revolver, cuffs & case

mvrincmvrinc Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
Another item I would like any info someone might provide. It's a S&W 357 Magnum Security revolver engraved, with gold accents and beautiful mother of pearl grips. Along with it, in the fitted attache case, is a leather holster and a set of handcuffs engraved with the same pattern as the gun, cuff keys and space for a box of ammo. Any information regarding who produced this type of set would be appreciated. Thanks

P1010353.JPG
P1010354.JPG

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not as nice as the Fox but still very nice . IMHO not factory engraved but from what I see I would say better then the work from a sports trophy shop but not the work of a MASTER class engraver.
  • Options
    mvrincmvrinc Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are correct in your assessment of the engraving. I have a document from Smith & Wesson historian Roy J. stating that this serial number was shipped with black front sight, Uncle Mike's black rubber combat grips and that all engraving was done after market and not S&W. I have been told it was probably a presentation piece.