In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1903 A3 receiver

jns372jns372 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
I had a gentleman give me brand new parts for a 1903A3 including an unissued scant stock. What few parts he didn't give me I have acquired. The only problem I am running into is finding a Smith/Remington A3 receiver that has not been drilled or welded on. Do any of you have any suggestions on finding one, other than checking gunbroker everyday and hoping to get lucky? The gun would have all brand new parts and look minty if I could find one.

Please Help,

Jonathan

P.S. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be careful of the drill use rifles/actions showing up lately. They were demilled for parade use by welding in several places. While it is not an absolut surety, it is possible that the welding could create a fracture at a later time.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CMP plans to sell a small quantity of 03A3's in January. They describe them as "veterans organizations returns", which may or may not mean that they are "drill rifles" such as Mobuck describes. You should check it out if you haven't found what you are looking for by then.

Neal