In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DICKSON DETECTIVE

JimfromTrafalgarJimfromTrafalgar Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited January 2015 in Ask the Experts
This gun also manufactured as a Galesi 503B, and some other models. I'm a gunsmith in south-central Indiana and have offered to repair one of these for a co-worker's wife. It has been in the family for a while. Believe it or not, Wolffe had a spring set to replace the missing recoil and striker springs, so I'm good there. What I can't find is a firing pin or striker. The usual sources for this type of thing are out of stock. Also I can find no diagrams which give even a rough idea as to shape. I can make one, but with nothing for a visual aid, I'm just not certain of things like notch angle, firing pin length, etc. Does anyone happen to have one they could perhaps shoot a picture or two my way? maybe a couple of measurements? Or maybe an old diagram of the thing?
Thanks,
Jim

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is from GPC's site. Don't know how much it will help though?

It might be more cost effective to see if Bob's Gun Shop in Arkansas, has any of the parts you need. I have got some stuff from him in the past, that have really saved my bacon.

Galesi_503B_schem.jpg
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Does this help at all?

781eb92571ac12e3d1bfbeac0e14bd35.jpg
  • Options
    JimfromTrafalgarJimfromTrafalgar Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Based upon that picture, I was way off in my ideas. Still, I can make one, but need some dimensions and it looks like there is something protruding from the back side.
    I've tried Bob's, Numrich's, nothing in stock when I checked anyway.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That pic of a striker looks like a Jennings 25ACP. Dad got a pair of the POSs missing a bunch of parts. I finally bought a striker for $25 which annoyed dad, however it did provide a working pattern to make the other one.