In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Unertl Scope Repair

Country GunsCountry Guns Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
edited January 2015 in Ask the Experts
I would like to get my Unertl scope repaired by replacing the objective lens housing. It has corrosion on the housing. I also have an older Redfield rifle scope that will not hold zero. Do you have any suggestions for repair?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I just aquired an excellent Unertl target scope. I can't get the cross hairs level. Either I have done something wrong when I installed it, or there is something wrong with inside the scope.Does anyone know of someone that can do repairs on this fine old scope..?email- - - oofus@alaska.netThanks much,Bob[This message has been edited by oofus (edited 10-12-2001).]Wow!! - Thanks for the information. I knew I came to the right place for answers. You people are great. Thanks much,Bob[This message has been edited by oofus (edited 10-16-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a 24X Unertl scope that has issues with the parallax adjustment. I was told there is an outfit in Oregon that repairs them. No banana, I can find nothing. The only folks I can find that repair them is Parsons Scope Service, 1563 Compton, Cincinnati, Ohio 45231.
    Two questions:
    Has anyone used this company, and with what results?
    Is there a repair facility in the Northwest that I haven't found?
    Thanks for looking.
    W.D.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Look down at the post below on this page from a guy that wants to replace Crosshairs on his scope his answer by some folks here list scope repair people.
  • Options
    DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try contacting Dewayne Greiner, he collects and sells Unertl scopes. He also has a web page. His phone numbers are:

320-589-4050 D
    320-795-2930 N
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you all very much for your help.
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    After John Unertl passed away, Mrs Unertl sold the business to a corp that moved the business to Nevada. they developed a scope for the military and it was accepted by the USMC, but it was shortlived because Leupold and Schmidt und Bender introduced scopes that more more advanced. So Unertl lost further sales and the business closed in 2008. For repairs you're probably limited to private businesses such as listed above.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Scope Repair
    (Updated 12/17/2014)

Iron Sight, Inc.
    4814 S ELWOOD AVE
    Tulsa, OK 74107
    Phone1 : 918 . 445 . 2001
    Phone2 : 918 .521 . 7736
    http://www.ironsightinc.com/

ABO(USA) Inc
    14041 SW 139th Ct
    305-860-4858
    http://abousainc.com/

Dan Stangerone
    104 Pollywiggle Ln
    Pleasantville, NY 10570
    ds1911@verizon.net

I stick to replacing crosshair wires on ONLY Unertl & Lyman & * external adjustment scopes and the Weaver 330 and M73B1 sniper scopes as well. No cleaning or other repairs. Turnaround time is immediate, as I usually get the scopes fixed and back in the next day's mail. No 6 or 8 month wait...Price for crosshair wire replacement is $85 and I'll pay return shipping. For Do It Yourselfer's, I also sell the best crosshair wire money can buy for about 20 years now. Its annealed Tungsten, is very strong & shows up Jet Black when installed. I have two diameters to choose from. Medium (.0015") and Fine (.0005"). Price is $15 per 10 foot length of either wire. I'll pay return shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. USA sales ONLY, please. US Postal Money Orders ONLY, please.
    Please communicate by email.