In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger AR-556

Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in Ask the Experts
Handled the AR yesterday and was most pleased with fit and finish and the trigger was really good for an AR. Has anyone have experience running one of these. I got an out the door price of 673.00.

Thanks guys. Just not wanting to be a beta tester on yet another gun.

Smoky

Comments

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haven't tried one, but in general most of the makers ("builders") are sourcing small parts from the same sources.

Ruger has been making guns for 65 years, and not only do they build all their own guns, but they even make a number of parts for other gun makers (including 1911 frames, etc).

So I'd hope they'd be able to competently manufacture AR-15s!

I strongly doubt you'll have any problems here, and at least if you do, you know Ruger will stand behind its product.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good price, buy it,,Nothing wrong with them,and they have a dust cover unlike the sport S&W.
    yES, I HAVE ONE
  • Options
    jkbt1jkbt1 Member Posts: 220 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dont have one myself but have heard they are a good rifle and holding up very well.
    As far as price , Id keep shopping. An ffl had these advertised on the ruger forum for $569. Shipping and ffl fees on the recieving end ad to it but Id think you could find another local shop that could do a little better. The msrp is only $749 on these.