In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

colt revolver

.22 L.R.22 L.R Member Posts: 189 ✭✭
edited January 2015 in Ask the Experts
Saw this colt revolver for sale (#464788962) states its a possible reblue but seller doesn't know for sure. What's the opinion of others based on the pictures shown. I'm not 100% certain but leaning towards a reblue. It just seems to look to nice. What do you think

Comments

• .22 L.R.22 L.R Member Posts: 189 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a old colt pistol dont know the model # but on the bottom of the butt it has a # No. A1120 any body no anything about this pistol like the value and date of mfg. thanks jb
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    I have a Colt Officers Model Match .22 magnum revolver in pretty decent shape. I was told only 850 of these were made. Anyone have info on this or know what it's worth. I appreciate any help. Thanks
    Jim
    edited November -1
    I recently came in to possesion of a Colt's revolver. The butt is marked "U.S. ARMY Model 1917" There is a "No." followed by some numerals which are illegible except for the last two - 87. It has a
    2&1/2 inch barrel marked "Colt D.A. 45" on the left side. Caliber is 45 Long Colt. Serial #250XXX. It is nickle plated. I have not been able to match it in my reference books. Any ideas? What about value?
    edited November -1
    I have a Colt looks simular to the Navy 1851.7 1/2" octagonal BBL.Looks like 36. cal.. on BBL. top engraved Address Col. Sam Colt New York US America. On front of cylinder in small print it has engraved is - engaged 16may 1849, in larger print it sais "Colt pat #no 8685 ser#118XXX . Any help greatly appreciated.
    edited November -1
    I have a Colt DA 38 Cal. Marked US Army Model 1901
    Ser No. 169039 Above the wood grips are the initals
    R.A.C. any info as to Value and or History would be
    greatly appricated. Thanks! Bob!!!

Robert W. Priestley
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine has a colt revolver without the colt address on or the patent number.Serial number is 73204.I make that to be an 1862 manufacture if it it genuine.Did colt manufacture there guns without putting there address and patent year on .

Those who live by the sword will be killed by those who dont. Glyn
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=464788962

It looks nice in the crappy pic's. Needs much better pic to tell. If it was reblued it wasn't buffed very much.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Reblue, look at picture #28. The wear on the grips doesn't match the gun [:0]
  • T J McGillT J McGill Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looking at how sharp the lines are, no washout in the lettering or screw holes, I'm learning towards original Colt finish. Like the seller said, if it has been re-blued, it's the best job I've ever seen, especially on a revolver!
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It seems to me, if you are an FFL & sell guns for a living, YOU'D BETTER LEARN TO TAKE GOOD PICTURES OF YOUR MERCHANDISE.

At least, the seller will accept returns. But, the cost of shipping both ways will be painful if you get it & are not happy.

Neal
  • mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks original to me, no rounded edges from polishing, and it would have to be polished to get that quality of blue! My guess is original.
  • kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That looks good....REAL good! I anticipate some bids before long. I would rather have that than a Diamondback; just look at what THEY sell for!