In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

marlin question.

hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
edited January 2015 in Ask the Experts
How is it that a Marlin model 338MX, manufactured in 2013 according to serial no., can have the North Haven, Connecticut stamp on the barrel? I'm confused.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Lots of left over parts from old Marlin plant
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    yup had lots of clean up parts
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Lots of left over parts from old Marlin plant

Bingo. I read a piece on it in a gun magazine. Also, the fit and finish on the Remington/Marlin's are atrocious. I sent back my one gun, three times to have it corrected. They finally just sent me a credit to use towards another Remington or marlin. I used it to buy a Remington 700 cdl in 257 Roberts, anniversary edition.
  • Options
    hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got back from Scheels sporting goods,where I had a chance to give a
    marlin 1895 a going over. Lordy. I'd say atrocious is being kind. Mill marks on both sides of receiver, mill marks all over the bolt, blueing was faded like it was 50 years old and been carried a lot. The stocks fit alright, but sanding wasn't very good, no stain on the wood, so it was very drab, and rather uninspiring. Course they had the lever wire-tied, so I couldn't work the action, but perhaps it was just as well. I'm thinking if I buy one in 338MX, I'll have a lot of work to do to bring it up to acceptable standard. It's really sad, to be quite honest.