In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Golden Eagle

bandcollectorbandcollector Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in Ask the Experts
My father recently bought a Golden Eagle made by Nikki chambered for 22-250 at a gun show because it seemed like a very good deal. I don't know anybody who has a Golden Eagle or seen them sold new only used. Does anybody have any info about them and what would be a fair price for one in excellent condition.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    My buddy bought a Golden Eagle in 7mm Mag a couple years ago, it a beautiful looking rifle, but I cant seem to find any info on them, as to a value. Is there any collector value to them? Thanks
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    bandcollector, There is a Golden Eagle Collectors Association: 11144 Slate Creek Road, Grass Valley, CA 95945. Nikko was a trade name used by a larger Japanese firm to manufacture firearms, beginning in the mid 1950's. They struck a sweet deal with Winchester in the early sixties and Olin bank rolled them to the tune of several million dollars to update their factory and build Model 101 shotguns. Nikko also made long guns for many other companies, both American and foreign. This entire story is very complicated as lots of folks got rich and others got screwed (like Olin)! By around 1990, Nikko was out of business and never heard from again. Golden Eagle was the name of an American importer in Texas- I think Houston. I have no idea about the value of your rifle since all you mention is the caliber. I'd contact the collectors association and see what they can tell you. Golden Eagle went under in around 1980 and I can't remember any more than this.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks alot for the info. The rifle has I belive a 26" blued barrel with a beautiful walnut stock as far as age I have no idea.
  • Options
    Kenworth4Kenworth4 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chris Showler started the Golden Eagle Collectors Assoc. along with my father John Loewen. It has been a long time since back then. Kent
  • Options
    jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one, 30-06. It is a really fine rifle. I don't remember what I paid for it. I bought it at a gun show 5 or 10 years ago near Sarasota, FL.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is in 7 Rem Mag. I paid 500 for it several years ago at a live auction complete with its branded hard case and a Redfield (Colorado) 3-9X scope in Buehler mounts. They are very pretty rifles.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe there is a chapter on them in "Bolt Action Rifles".
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Eagles are beautiful rifles and came with a cream colored hardcse. IMO,, if you sold it here around 600-ymmv,,had several, but didn't shoot them,,also over under shotguns,,all super wood.