In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fox Sterlingworth Shotguns

GregorioGregorio Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited January 2015 in Ask the Experts
I've had this old side-by-side 12 for a while now, never get to hunt it so was thinking of passing it on. But here's the rub, take it to the local shops and they act like I've walked in with five day old fish. Heck, one guy acted like he didn't even want to get his fingerprints on it. So, where do I go to get this thing checked-out in SoCal - if for no other reason than to get a solid insurance est?

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Fox Sterlingworth are very good SXS shotguns they are good quality but not the top of the Fox shotgun line However if yours is in good shape and a 20 Ga. the guy may be afraid to get his fingerprints on it and damage the value A good condition with ejectors will Start at $1000.00
    go to the auction side of GunBroker and do a search on all gategory the word STERLINGWORTH it will bring up dozens of FOX STERLINGWORTH
    shot guns for sale look at one that have bids that will give you a good idea of what they are bringing as to bids. Pay no attention to the ones with zero bids. compare the pictures of ones offered for sale with the condition of yours
  • SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you post photos a Fox Sterlingworth can run from 300.00 to 2000.00 depending on condition and options.
  • 101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gregorio,
    A one time offer. As an 01 and have been dealing typically in higher
    grades - sxs, and in So Ca-email me through my profile. I will give you one estimate for insurance. No charge.
    Best.