In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TC Contender

grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
edited June 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have a contender pistol I bought new in 1983 with a 10" round bull barrel. I recently purchased an octagon barrel and then just now a used fore end to make it work. The screw hole in the fore end is not shouldered (recessed) so the screw head just slips right thru it. Has the fore end been altered or does the octagon fore end fasten differently than the round barrel. If so do I need an insert or what to make it fit. I got a screw with the used octagon barrel but it is just like the screw in my round barrel. I would like to do more with this contender but I don't know where to get more info or manuals on the early one. The serial on mine is 266819.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Got an early TC in a 25-35 win 10" octogon BBL with a factory TC leather shoulder holster. Bushnell 2.5x scope. I bought it about 10 years ago for 235.00 and shot about 1 box of shells and end up buying another 10 boxes because they were so scarce (17.95 a box). Was looking to see what the pistol was worth and when it was made. It does have a 5 digit serial number with wood contour grips. My dad has a newer frame, 1999 and the frame designs are similar , but mine seems to have a little bit more detail. I would rate gun at 90%. Any help would be really appreciated, thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought a nice TC Contender with a 14" barrel chambered in a 44 mag. I think it is a 1992 model. It has a mountain lion or cougar on the receiver.How far should I be able to shoot accurately with this cal? What other barrels will fit this model? Any help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do any of you guys know what it costs to have a frame repaired by TC? I just bought an older frame w/safety on the hammer, and it's missing whatever holds the selector in the face of the hammer.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    T-Cs have a lifetime warrenty.I sent a Renegade back a few years ago with a small crack on the stock at the tang(which I probably caused shooting heavy bullets and powder charges).They put a new stock that is one of the best looking pieces of walnut I have ever seen.No charge and an apology for the problem.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grizzclaw
    Do any of you guys know what it costs to have a frame repaired by TC? I just bought an older frame w/safety on the hammer, and it's missing whatever holds the selector in the face of the hammer.

You'll have to send it to them, the cost of shipping both ways should be what it will cost you.[8D]
    Just tell them whats wrong and it will get fixed " THUMPS UP" service.
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the best companies I have had the pleasure to do business with. One good reason to have one of their guns.
  • Options
    bgjohnbgjohn Member Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Send it in and they will fix it for free. All it will cost you is for shipping it to them. They are one of the best for customer service. It might take a while but they will get it done.[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]
    JM[:D]
  • Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most likely little to no charge. Give them a call.

http://www.tcarms.com/TC_HTML/TC_Contact01.htm
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you fellas, I'll give them a call.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Called today, the lady on the other end said"send it back, it has a lifetime warranty". I guess I'm going to find out if it is just to the original buyer or not.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grizzclaw
    Called today, the lady on the other end said"send it back, it has a lifetime warranty". I guess I'm going to find out if it is just to the original buyer or not.

NOT...Doesn't matter who[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got my frame back in 1wk. The hammer was replaced with a new old style. No charge, tho it did cost me $38 to ship it Fedex. The paperwork that was included with it stated that if you want the easy open feature installed on an old frame, you need to send the frame, forend, and any old barrels to TC, and they will install the easy open and a new hammer w/top selector for the total cost of $55.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    T/C does a good job backing up their products. The easy open feature is a good deal @ $55.00. Much easier to use.