In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Reloading equipment, bullets, casings, etc.

castleberry1castleberry1 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
My dad owned a gun shop in the early 70's and I still have all of his reloading equipment. I don't reload and rarely have time to even go hunting any more. Is it better to sell all in bulk or split up into bullets, casings, boxes, racks, equipment, etc... I have everything needed to reload several calibers of rifle and a couple calibers of pistol shells. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm not looking to make a fortune, mainly just clear up some room.

Thanks,
Lance

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out the prices realized on the various on-line firearms auctions and fleabay, for reloading equipment and components. This will give you an idea of the ballpark value, of what you have.

Personally my experience's with selling used reloading equipment and components, hasn't been positive. If you don't have the time or inclination to screw with selling the stuff individually? Contact some of the local gunshops, they might be interested.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I think you would have better luck splitting it up. Most guys probably won't bit top dollar or even bid at all for a lot of stuff when they only want a couple items out of the lot.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello split it up but be aware it is a buyers market[:(] unless you have s Star Reloader [:p] They used to bring good money on EBAY before they changed their policy
  • hslaterprycehslaterpryce Member Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you would like to send a list of what you have in dies and presses and by caliber for bullets etc, I will be happy to look over it and possibly offer some options for how to list and what you might realize in return. Without that list it would be very difficult for anyone to venture an appropriate response. My e-mail is "hslaterpryce@pccair.com" if you care to compile that list. ghs
  • modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in the same boat,so will be watching the info and advice you receive..Thanks for your posting..modoc
  • SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To get the most $$$, split it up. To avoid all the shiiping hassles, sell it bulk.
    I do need some 41 Mag stuff.....[:D]
  • Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I won't buy a bunchof stuff to get the rew things out of it that I can use.I'd say split it up so everyone gets what they want.
  • wtroperwtroper Member Posts: 736 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had pretty good luck taking old reloading stuff to gun shows. Set up a table. Price each item individually. People will flock to you and pick through it. You will likely be left with some but a lot will move. Be prepared to bargain. The other dealers will hit you the night before or the first morning before the show opens.
  • castleberry1castleberry1 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks guys for all the input. at the moment i've got a dining room table covered with bullets, casings, primers and shell boxes. i have started a list and i will update when i'm done.