In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Future of 325 wsm

SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
I've never shot one and I don't know anyone who has one. However ballisticaly it looks like a very good all around cartridge and it comes in a short action reasonable weighted rifle in several brands. Do you think it will be around in the future and will the ammo companies keep making ammo?

Scout

Comments

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    All ammo has it's availability as a function of DEMAND. It cost ammo companies big bucks to set of their machinery to load each cartridge,and they don't like to load short production runs.If a new cartridge becomes a better mouse-trap it has a long life [:p] case in point 40 S&W but if sales are small [:(] 41 action express it soon becomes a obsolete cartridge. [:(!]I would never buy a new cartridge firearm as a long term item unless I could form the cases out of a very popular case. OF course you could always just buy bunches of ammo and no gun and then sell the ammo later for Big Bucks profit [:p][:p]