In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

dove season starts in 3 days and i dont have a gun

aztilemanaztileman Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
edited September 2007 in Ask the Experts
There is a nice Remington 1100 at the pawn shop for 240 think thats a good buy and will be good gun? or should i go for a pump?

Comments

• Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both the same gauge? From what I remember of my dove hunts, I figure the more lead you can put up the fastest the better off you are.
  • Options
    SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup. Fair price for a very good gun. may wanna change the o-ring out just to be sure.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I just sold an A-5 Belgium Browning, 26" barrl mod choke to a dove shooter from Tupelo Mis. He seems to be happy.
    W.D.
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    just make sure its a 2 3/4" chambered gun , you don't want a 3" gun as they will not cycle the lighter dove loads that you will be using , if it say magnum on the receiver and 3" only on the barrel then i would pass , if it says 2 3/4" only on the barrel , you should be good to go
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make sure you get a plug.. 3 shot limit.
  • Options
    aztilemanaztileman Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think the 1100 is better than the 11-87 just watch those o rings.the last used 1100 i seen this way was 400.00 at gander but they are high.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iam leaving for Yuma tomorrow for our annual hunt. I always take 2 shotguns, a spare in case one breaks. My primary is a Benelli SBE Lt hand with camo finish.

For the last couple years the area has been getting invaded by Eurasion collared doves. They are much bigger than mourning doves or white wings.

Last year the limit of these doves was 25, this year there is NO limit and they can be hunted all year.

Its gonna be funnnnnnnn...[:p][:p][:p][:p]
  • Options
    green milegreen mile Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be careful of the shells you use in the 1100, I love the gun but it can be picky. Different shells sometimes it will not cycle well in the gun. Shoot it first with a couple of different loads to be sure you don't get frustrated in the field. Be safe out there.