In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Xd subcompact

HedshotHedshot Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited September 2007 in Ask the Experts
I was just wondering if anybody knew if Springfield has or is going to make a subcompact XD in the "flat dark earth" finish. I have the 4" .45 and would like to have a matching backup.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't seen one and watch these guns pretty close. Wife has the XD-9 subcompact in Bi-Tone and I have the XD-40 4" model. I have been looking for an XD-45 in dark earth myself.

If they don't come out with one you can always have the frame finished with Duracoat to match the Flat Dark Earth.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Maalox
    There is a .45 in that finish currently on the auction page...but yeah your right I never thought about just having it refnished. Is that expensive to have done?
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hedshot
    Hey Maalox
    There is a .45 in that finish currently on the auction page...but yeah your right I never thought about just having it refnished. Is that expensive to have done?

If it's the one from Heritage Firearms I'm watching it. I just purchased a M&P from them and it was a smooth transaction.

I had a slide duracoated for less then $100. One online supplier charges $165 to Duracoat a pistol frame. I would try and find someone local to save the shipping & FFL charges. If you do a google search for Duracoat you will find the colors and also the people who coat firearms. Some pretty neat rifle camo combinations out there.

I like this one.
    URBANFlectarnpattern.jpg

This work was done by....

L.T.M Refinishing L.L.C., 1300 S. Butler, Harrisonville, MO 64701
    Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
    Saturday & Sunday - Closed
    Phone: (816)510-4277

Email: info@larsontactical.com
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for that picture Maalox do you or anybody else know where I could see pictures of a Duracoated XD? I went to a site that had duracoating and there are some pretty neat finishes but I dont know what they would look like on my gun.
    thanks again