In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

odd 22

1dtownplayer1dtownplayer Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
Im looking into buying an new gun. I found an unfired Federal Engineering Corp. model FEC XC-220. i have tried to find info and ballpark value on this and have fallen short to say the least. can anyone help

Comments

• Options
    1dtownplayer1dtownplayer Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I once had a 22 that I believe said Percision arms co. It was a single shot that twisted the middle on a tube that ran form the end of the barrel along the top of the barrel, through the reciever and formed the butt stock. had a flat piece of wood inside this tube for the stock. To eject the empties you twisted it open and worked a slide like a pump then loaded it backed twisted it back in place and pulled the knob on the side to cock it. was the best attention getter and conversation piece I ever own to put on my table at gunshows but I slipped up and sold it to another guy that was at a show that wanted it for the same reason. two questions, who made it , and where can I get another one
    thanks Bill
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a little known paramilitary style .22, made in the 80's, for a short time in small numbers. Because of this value is difficult to ascertain. Go to this link for further info.

http://www.gunfax.com/rimfires/rimfires.htm
  • Options
    JackiePapersJackiePapers Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Admittly I know 0 about the gun in question. But I would need more info as what your needs from a new gun purchase would before I could give an opinion on buying it.
    As a relitively "rare" gun made in low numbers, it may have or aquire some collector interest.
    But since we don't much about the quality of it, you might be better off w/a more common model for shooting purposes. If that thing ever breaks, you'd likely have an extremely difficult time finding parts for repair. Must admit it looks pretty cool.