In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pocket revolver

frequentfrequent Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
hey guys..I need your knowlegeable opinions again..I am currently looking for the most affordable, accurate and the most reliable pocket revolver..if possible please attach pictures of the revolver..thank you [8D]

Comments

• Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Let's narrow the field a little bit. Any specific caliber range? (IE: Centerfire only, or do you want to include .22 ).
    New or is used OK?
    I don't think there's alot of current MFG offerings that at least IMO fit the "pocket revolver" description. But there's a lot of vintage (Used) revolvers that were designed expressly for that purpose.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go with a Ruger SP 101, it's built like a tank. Long as you pack it in a good quality pocket holster, with a sturdy belt. It's the best snubby revolver on the market.

288L.jpg
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smith & Wesson makes several that qualify. I think size, weight, reliability, caliber and simplicity of use should be the primary considerations on a self defense pocket pistol. I am assuming that is the reason you are considering the pocket revolver. Accuracy should not be a primary consideration on a pocket gun. At self defense ranges the Ruger and all the S & W snubbies will be accurate enough.
  • Options
    frequentfrequent Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was hoping 38 at the minimum...
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    My Smith 442 works very well [8D]
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Check out the 2" barreled Armscor copy of the .38SPL Colt Detective at Centerfire. $179.+shipping/FFL receiver fees. We got one for my dad, Total cost was about $218. He likes it.
    www.centerfiresystems.com
    Item # 108AC-M206
    Also comes in a hard plastic case.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the S&W lightweight J frames and the Walther PPK and PPK/S. (I know the last two aren't revolvers). I personally found the Ruger SP101 to be a little heavy in my pocket.
  • Options
    huntergarrethuntergarret Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't beat the Taurus 85 in price or weight. I have one that I carry and shoot quite a bit.

Sal
  • Options
    JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I frequently carry a hammerless S&W 340 Airlite Sc. (aluminum/scandium/titanium) in my front pocket loaded in .38 Spl +P+.

It is an absolute pleasure to carry.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=11101&langId=-1&productId=14764&tabselected=tech&isFirearm=Y&parent_category_rn=15704
  • Options
    GarthGarth Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would 2nd the ruger model sp-101 357 magnum snub nose revolver. it IS built like a tank. i have shot two smith and wesson 357 magnums out of battery. i was shooting remington u.m.c. 357 mag that i purchased at wally world and bent both the model 19 snub nose and the model 686 stainless with a four inch barrel. i called smith and wesson, told them what was happening and they told me that they WOULD NOT honor their lifetime warranty because they were made only to shoot a steady diet of 38 special and that i had shot a steady diet of 357 mag. i sent them back to be repaired and they made me pay for both repairs and the shipping there and back. needless to say as soon they came back, they went into the consignment case at my local ffl and sold immediately. i then bought my first ruger sp-101 and have never had another problem. since that time i bought another sp-101 and im completely happy with both of them. i will never ever ever ever ever ever ever buy another smith and wesson as long as i live. praise the sp-101! best.