In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

finnish army L39 lahti 20mm antitank rifle

mattchanicmattchanic Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
while shopping a garage sale i came across a toolbox that was issued with the L39. the box reads 20pst.kiv./39. no.1687 box 2. it contains various springs, pins,gears,hardware,some machined parts and a tool for loading the 20mm magazine. I know that there was only 1850 L39 rifles produced by the fins and that i may have stumbled upon something rare. my question is any idea on the value of this find?

Comments

• Options
    32 Magnum32 Magnum Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Matt,
    I don't want to sound like a smart *, but - on items that are as rare as what you have, the value can only be determined by what that "certain someone" who really wants it is willing to pay. That being said, if you want to turn it into cash, your best bet is to list it on the gunbroker auction site and give it as much visibility as possible to connect it with that person, then sit back and see where the bidding ends.
  • Options
    mattchanicmattchanic Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kinda my view on it also. I will just keep it in my collection until someday that "certain somebody" wants to complete theirs.Personally id rather aquire what im missing but until the opportunity arises i'll hold on to the goods that may have helped take out a few soviet tanks. That in itself is cool history.
    Thanks for the reply MAG
  • Options
    AZEXAZEX Member Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go ask on Bowers board.

D.