In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WINCHESTER MODEL #43

razorblade17razorblade17 Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
ANY INFO ON WINCHESTER 43- 22 HORNET-- DO NOT HAVE SERIAL # AS OF TODAY- VERY VERY NICE!!

THANKS, R17

Comments

• I.ShuteI.Shute Member Posts: 647
    edited November -1
    The deluxe ones with the checkerd stocks are worth a little more than the standards. I've seen them in good shape sell for $400 to $700, according to how good shape they are.
  • razorblade17razorblade17 Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANK YOU!! R17
  • hedgehopper62hedgehopper62 Member Posts: 636 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like mine only its in the 218 bee great shooters.tks hedge
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cheap triggers in relation to m70's. its known as the poormans m70. shoot great though.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • MadmanMadman Member Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bobski is right..the "poor mans Model 70". I had all four calibers in the "deluxe" with the 57-A peep sight and correct rear sight and front hood. The 32-20 trigger was the worst of the group but all were good shooters. Got $4400 for the collection and the collector turned around and sold em for $6800. Hard to find ones that have not been screwed with. I still have a 22 hornet and wouldn't mind findin another 218 bee.

Watch out for the drilled and tapped at the factory comment 38,000A is the cut-off. Above that serial number range the factory did it and you will see the proof marks at 12-O'clock one on the barrel and one in between the front base holes.

Good luck and enjoy

Paul
    Mountain Magic Gunsmithing
  • cheapo1cheapo1 Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HI I GOT THE WINCHESTER 22 HORNET LIKE IT. I SEE THEM SELL ON GUNBROKER FOR $600.00
  • MadmanMadman Member Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well Hello Jody;

Still don't understand how it shot perfectly well outside the shop prior to being cleaned and oiled and packaged for shipment with the 25-20 you obtained in the same condition. Both functioned flawlessly here in the mountains, maybe in the Florida moisture you have a problem or maybe you guys use hammers on your weapons.

Don't feel this forum is for airing dirty laundry, or for false accusations so I won't jump in the mire with you. You were offered a three day inspection and return which you never took advantage of, been several years if I remember correctly so no tellin what has happened to it. You know how to get in touch.

Be well and may God bless

Paul
    Mountain Magic Gunsmithing
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jody...youre way out of line. standby to be called and puffed.

POSTING GUIDLINES:
    stuff we automatically delete:

Complaints or criticism about GunBroker.com, its staff, its policies, or any buyer or seller on that site. If you have a problem with an auction transaction use the auction feedback system and/or contact tech support.

Complaints about businesses, persons, or transactions unrelated to this site (in general all complaints will be deleted).

Questions about why a post was deleted. This page explains why.

Posts that violate any federal, state, or local law, or that infringe on another party's intellectual property (copyright, trademark, etc.) are prohibited.

If we deleted your post it means that we did not want it here. If we delete a post and you re-post it we will revoke your access privileges.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    If anyone has a complaint over a purchase made on the <gunbroker.com> Auction site and are complaining about a Raw Deal that You think You got.......You should have taken your problem to that site...when it occured..... not 2 or 3 years later on Ask the Experts....Let this stand as a warning....Next time the Topic will be deleted without comment......