In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Maverick 88 re-assembly

Rev.Dr.Rev.Dr. Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
I got a Mav owners manual from Mossberg. It made trigger group cleaning look pretty easy. They do not mention/warn that several parts will fall out of the receiver, such as the bolt, bolt slide, cartridge stop & interrupter. The assembly diagrams are truly crappy and the instructions are limited and I am mechanically challenged. I was hoping that one of y'all more experienced (what I really mean is:smarter than me)88sters could help a dimwit brother out with some hints.
[:(!]I guess Mossberg figures Maverick buyers don't deserve a decent OM.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Yasser ArafatYasser Arafat Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need a little bearing grease, that's all. Use it sparingly to hold the cartridge interruptor and other parts into the receiver. Also, assemble everything with the receiver upside down (setting on the top of the receiver). 'Glue' the pieces in place, drop the triggergroup in, reinstall pins, done.
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well , Hello and welcome aboard ...This item is supposed to go back together in reverse order that it came apart , but when parts 'fall' out it can be a pain ...this is the main reason we pay real close attention when dissassmbly on everything ..We see this type of stuff all the time , customers will bring in items (in paper bags) with the hopes we can 'put it back together' and that no pieces are lost? usually not the case .Anyhow , I will stop rambling and say that these are simple and you should be able to figure it out , if needed contact us for assistance .
    Good Luck !
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    Rev.Dr.Rev.Dr. Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks gents--a cooled off head and a Careful re-reading of the OM fially pierced my brain.Duh, it's one of those things that seems so obvious once you figure it out. Yasser, thanks for the axle grease tip, it definitely helped crack the nut. I took her out for a functin test and to do some down & dirty patterning and it shoots pretty much at POA with decent distribution. I guess I now know who to blame for missing those 7 Canada Geese and dozen Mourning Doves. 2 years ago-last time I could hunt due to back surgery- I shot at 8 Doves and must've seen 20 more. I got back to the gravel parking area-a couple getting some grit. Drive home to Milwaukee? 3 of 'em hanging out by the birdfeeder. Oh well, I here they don't taste that great anyway...thank god there's an Elk farm about 5 miles away from the Pub. Hunting grounds so we had some good steaks.
  • Options
    rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I call the 88 a "click" gun. Because it goes "click" when the trigger is pulled.......[;)]