In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Modern Adjustable Scope Mount or Rings

WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
Is there an adjustable scope mount or rings setup that would allow for adjustment of elevation and windage to a tubular telescopic sight that has no internal adjustments and other than the Unertl type mount/rings?
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 689 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The older-style Bausch & Lomb and also Kuharsky Brothers mounts and their unique rings were made for 1" diameter scopes with no internal adjustments. Many are still available, online auctions, and one source H. E. Gibbs (website www.hegibbs.com) offers many in new old stock and good used. Also the older Buehler Micro-Dial mounts are sometimes found on auction sites. What type of rifle are you wanting to mount on?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The tubular telescopic sights are 3/4" diameter at 18" long and 3X power and would be used on a Mossberg M44 Bolt .22LR and a Henry Lever .22 WMR Octagon.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Post above sure sounds like Malcolm. Are they too much like Unertl to suit? Look into them if you haven't already. Best, Joe

www.leatherwoodoptics.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, it is WM Malcolm telescopic sights that I am referring to although on these two rifles I was just considering a different setup other than the Unertl type although I may just go with it after some consideration, but the older-style Bausch & Lomb V-mounting system looks like it would work as well and I will have to check into that.