In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Countersniper Optics Brand Scopes

Camelot43Camelot43 Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
Hey guys looking into a Countersniper Optics Brand Scope it's a 2-16x44... Not because I'm opposed to other brands but because I can get a killer deal on one new... And it has the range/power/features I'm looking for...

What is your opinion?

On the "General Side" I got a smart * - A go for it - and a it's made in china and has a cheesy US Military Use only fake stamp on it...

So now that I have no real good opions or consistant opinions of the scope, I'm looking for some meat and potatoes...

Have you guys heard of this brand?
Is it any good?
Worth the money?
Optics good?
Quality made?
Absolutely terrible?
How does it compare to the general brands you see in the stores? (Nikon, Bushnell, Leupold etc.)

Any information is appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello IMHO for the most part you get what you pay for in OPTICS Yes some are slightly over priced because of their name and some are slightly under priced because they want to make a name . BUT and a BIG BUT if it is too good to be true as to price it is because of poor quality parts and poor workmanship 99% of the time.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Optical sights are a no-brainer. The price has been proven to dictate quality.

Perhaps a high-priced (read: quality) scope that has been gently used?

My opinion: I have a motto..I never want to upgrade my optics..so I'll save and only then buy, and keep forever what I purchase.

It equates to money saved. Above post for your consideration. Best, Joe
  • Options
    Camelot43Camelot43 Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you guys for the replys! Really helped out... My wholesale distributor carries them and I'm looking for a new scope so wanted to find out more of this company but doesn't sound like it's worth dealing with!
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    They advertise in SOF and say they are beyond par with Nightforce if that helps.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tried the cheap route and ended up disappointed and replacing them.

Now I only buy 30mm scopes and the following brands: Zeiss, Svarovski, and Kahles. They can be pricey, but I have not had to replace any and I have used some for over 20 years and they are still holding true.

If you can't see it, you can't hit it.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunnut505
    They advertise in SOF and say they are beyond par with Nightforce if that helps.

THAT is funny right there,..I don't care who you are. A scope for less than 1/3 the price being better than a nightforce[xx(]
  • Options
    WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is strange as I heard exactly the opposite and that these were marketed as made in the US, but are suspected of being made in China and sold here with alot of marketing hype like 'Guns of the Spectacular Forces' and 'Navy Seal Ninja Snipers' or something by the alleged owner who is supposedly in New York with a phone number in Missouri and who also wasn't able to answer any questions and then was riled and got mad at the inquiries, kind of makes a person wonder.
    I personally use Russian optics actually made in Belarus and they have performed as well as the optics we used in the Marine Corps, although they can still be a little spendy not nearly as much as Leopold, Unertl, Schmidt & Bender and NightForce and such however which are great scopes amongst others.

quote:Originally posted by MMOMEQ-55
    Kahles and Zeiss is the way to go. You won't be sorry you spent the money.

Yeah, those are also some great German scopes as well.
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Kahles and Zeiss is the way to go. You won't be sorry you spent the money.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Camelot43
    Hey guys looking into a Countersniper Optics Brand Scope it's a 2-16x44... Not because I'm opposed to other brands but because I can get a killer deal on one new... And it has the range/power/features I'm looking for...

What is your opinion?

On the "General Side" I got a smart * - A go for it - and a it's made in china and has a cheesy US Military Use only fake stamp on it...

So now that I have no real good opions or consistant opinions of the scope, I'm looking for some meat and potatoes...

Have you guys heard of this brand?
    Is it any good?
    Worth the money?
    Optics good?
    Quality made?
    Absolutely terrible?
    How does it compare to the general brands you see in the stores? (Nikon, Bushnell, Leupold etc.)

What got said over in the general side isn't necessarily a smart-* answer. Most scopes made in China are junk. I bought an expensive one (for China) at $168 and it broke the first year I had it. They do not hold up well compared to the brands you name at all. Optics can be good or bad...no consistency. Not qualilty made. Even if you only spend fifty bucks you will be re-spending that soon to get another one. So, not worth what you don't pay.