In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ENFIELD #4 MK1

MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
WELL I GUESS I GOT LOCKED OUT OR SOMETHING. ANYWAY I HAVE A BRITISH ENFIELD #4 MK1 AND HAVE A PIG STICKER OR SPIKE BAYONET FOR IT. I CANT GET THE BAYONET TO GO ONTO THE BARREL. THERE IS A SHOULDER INSIDE THE BAYONET AND THE BAYONET STOPS THERE. WHAT HAVE I GOT HERE?? ON GUNBROKER #114191657 IT JUST LIKE THAT ONE. HELP ANYONE. THANKS

Comments

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I*t's spring loaded inside the bayonet, you push down and turn.In the flat you will see the release.
  • MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANKS brier I HAVE TRIED TURNING I AM PRESSING THE LATCH. IT GOES ONTO THE BARREL ABOUT HALF INCH AND THERE IS A SHOULDER IT HITS. COULD I HAVE A DIFFERENT BARREL ON IT? THERE ARE TWO LUGS ABOUT AN INCH DOWN ON BARREL.
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    hey mamma,
    is there any way you could post a couple pics of the gun (barrel) and bayonet?
    there are some differences in guns due to multiple production sites and extensive "after market" mods that were done.
    not all enfield parts are interchangeable.
    i'm on call this w/e but if i get home I'll hook you up with an enfield group in the UK that i go to when i have a question.
    tom