In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Armalite A10 mags

tavarishtavarish Member Posts: 127 ✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
Are there any other mags on the market I can use for the Armalite A10 rifle in 7.62X51 I plan to buy? Thanking you in advance. tavarish

Comments

• NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    The mags that Armalite uses are modified M1A mags. Once modified they will not work in anything else that I am aware of.

EDIT:
    I thought that Armalite removed the rear lug from the M1A mag to make them fit the AR-10. WIthout a rear lug they would not lock into the M1A.
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    The Rock River version of the AR10 uses un-modified metric FAL mags... cheap and plentiful.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The use of FAL mags in the AR 10 platform has gotten some bad press IIRC, for all I know it may be from companies that produce AR style 308 mags & want you to buy their product - does anyone have 1st hand experience to post?
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    The use of FAL mags in the AR 10 platform has gotten some bad press IIRC, for all I know it may be from companies that produce AR style 308 mags & want you to buy their product - does anyone have 1st hand experience to post?

My Rock River 308 uses FAL mags, and it works just fine.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    The M1A mags will still work in the M1A after Armalite modifies it.

EDIT:The modification only takes about the top half of the lug.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by P228

If I understand correctly, the Rock River will use either metric or inch pattern mags?
  • WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, according to Rock River Arms the RRA LAR-8 accepts FAL(Metric) and L1A1(Inch) Magazines.
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chris8161
    quote:Originally posted by P228

If I understand correctly, the Rock River will use either metric or inch pattern mags?

Never tried the inch ones, since the metrics are so much cheaper. The metrics all work fine.